PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lasagne


When my husband's grandmother passed away {many, many years ago} her next door neighbor brought us this delicious lasagne.  The recipe is easy and quick and my "go-to" when I need to take dinner to someone. I especially like not needing to cook the noodles first.

1 ½  lb. ground beef, browned with onion, salt & pepper
48 oz. jar Prego  (Fresh Mushroom)
1, 15 oz can diced tomatoes
16 oz mozzarella, grated
16 oz cheddar or colby/jack, grated
1, 16 oz cottage cheese with 1 egg stirred in
6-8 UNcooked lasagne noodles

Use a 9x13 pan with HIGH sides.

Add Prego and diced tomatoes to browned ground beef.

Mix mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

Layer as follows:

1.  Beef Sauce
2.  Noodles (uncooked)
3.  Cottage cheese egg mix
4.  Shredded cheeses
5.  Repeat once more.

Top with leftover sauce. Bake at 375° for 1 hour.  Let stand ½ hour before serving.


**I buy shredded cheese in 2 lb bags and always make two pans at a time.  This freezes well after it’s cooked.

Also, I buy disposable pans at Sam’s Club.  The tall sides are just right for this dish.  I made a HUGE mess when I tried to fit it into a regular 9x13 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment