PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Corn Cakes


I wish I remembered where I acquired this recipe, but I don't.  We love these Corn Cakes served for both breakfast and dinner.  They are wonderful served either with syrup or black beans, salsa and sour cream on top. Sometimes we eat them with black beans for "dinner" and syrup for "dessert" at the same meal!


Slice and cook 6 slices bacon with 1/3 cup chopped onion.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine:

1 cup flour
1/4 cup green chili, diced
1 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
pinch cayenne pepper

Stir in:

2/3 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1T oil
1 cup whole kernel corn
2/3 cup co-jack cheese, shredded

Add:
Cooked and drained bacon and onions.

Cook on 350 degree griddle ladled by 1/3 cup.
Cook like pancakes and flip when bubbles begin to burst.

Serve with maple syrup or salsa & black beans. 
Both are fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. cannot wait to try these Dana!
    I came on today to search for "Lily's Chili" as though it's been three years since I moved, it's been a pretty crazy 3 years! I still have never unpacked my recipes from the big brown cardboard box that sits under a table in my little tiny bedroom downstairs in the bowels of the Yardley Inn and Spa.

    This looks like a keeper! But then; every recipe I've ever gotten from you has been one. :)

    ReplyDelete